As a former marijuana smoker I know how difficult it can be to break free from that lifestyle. Hopefully after reading this article you will have a better grasp of this addiction and learn some great tips and techniques to quit smoking cannabis.
I know how smoking weed is probably a big part of your life right now, and that you may feel that there is no way of getting out of that lifestyle. Believe me the future is so much brighter now that I have quit smoking weed.
If you put into action some of these changes I suggest you will start to see noticeable changes in your life.
Here are some tips on how to quit smoking cannabis:
- Avoid situations that you are more likely to smoke in. Maybe limit time with friends who smoke weed, and spend a little more time doing other things like going to the gym or go on a walk. Walking relieves stress and it’s good for you when you have the urge to smoke weed.
- Realize that you have an addiction. If you didn’t have an addiction, you wouldn’t be searching the internet trying to find out how to quit smoking weed would you? Your addiction is not a chemical addiction. It is a psychological one.
- Understand why you smoke. Do you smoke out of boredom? Do you smoke to escape reality or simply because all of your friends smoke too? Once you figure out why you smoke, then you can set yourself free and break loose of the chains.
- Try replacing your addiction with something else. This could be music, painting or something creative, positive and fulfilling. This doesn’t mean move on to another drug either or anything else destructive! Just find something that relaxes you and that you enjoy.
- Find a hobby. This can be so beneficial to you in more ways than one. Finding something that retains your attention will make it so much easier to quit smoking weed.