In order to achieve a successful fitness program you must have a good sound plan. Getting fit involves more than just “going through the motions.” I have included a 5 step approach for you to follow when structuring and planning a sound fitness program that I guarantee will get you the results you want! Take a look at these 5 steps and see if you are including any of these into your own fitness and strength program.
1. Eat Smart: This is the most challenging part of the entire 5 step process of the Gospel of Fitness. In order to elevate your progress and to achieve maximal results you must have a well balanced and healthy nutrition plan. You must also ensure that you are getting enough “lean” protein in your diet for the development of lean muscle mass. Get plenty of fruit and vegetables and don’t substitute artificial supplements for the real thing. Don’t cheat your body.
2. Plan Smart: Before you begin or restructure your current program to get fit and lose weight you have got to make sure that you check with a physician to make sure you are up for the task at hand. Training for “true” fitness takes effort and effort can be exerting on your body. Make sure that everything is in good working order before you take on the task of getting fit.
3. Train Smart: When you are looking at how to get fit at home, in a gym, or other places make sure that you have a planned approach to your training. Remember to train with exercises that involve whole body movements. Stay away from the small stuff. When I say whole body movements stick to exercises that are multi-joint based rather than single joint based. This will allow you to achieve a better training effect and burn off more calories by using larger and more muscle groups. This change alone will allow you to yield very big results in a relatively short period of time.
4. Use Smart Tools: When you are looking to train smart you need to use good equipment in order to get fit fast. For instance, if you are going to engage in whole body movements for optimal training results then I strongly recommend implementing the use of kettlebells, dumbells, and olympic weights. The only way to utilize these particular devices of physical development is to initiate lifts that are movement based in nature. This is a sure way for you to get fit while achieving a strong body at the same time.
5. Have a Smart Attitude: Now when I say “Have a smart attitude” I mean to have the right attitude when you are looking at going into a successful fitness program. You can’t give up, you must stay persistent, and you must stay consistent. These are actions that can ONLY be accomplished by you having the right attitude. Without the right attitude your fitness and strength program will fail, period. Get fit by working out, but do so by being smart and having all the pieces to the puzzle ready to put into place. Remember that anyone can train hard my friend, but only the best plan and train smart.